Wednesday, April 9, 2014

SPRING IN THE JUNKYARD


I am looking at the tree
that a couple of years ago
was only a stalk there, in the corner.
It was a garden once, this space
in front of my kitchen window,
just weeds now, weeds and garbage bags
and a disused fridge from the bar
that closed ages ago.
No noise downstairs then by now, only the forlorn
perspective of whatever might be born.
And this tree, in this small
frame of wilderness, or a reminder of bereavement;.
a tree that’s a tree, three storey high by now,
so lean and tall, beautiful all in all,
the casual allusion to agile limbs
and a nimble life within, an offer
to the sky above.
On the tips of the thin branches
buds have recently appeared
that now are already small leaves
that seem to know what they want:
they gaze at my gaze and tease.   

5 comments:

Kass said...

I really like the image of the tree's offering to the sky. So beautiful.

Crafty Green Poet said...

I like this tree as a symbol of hope in the middle of a garden that's become wasteland

Tommaso Gervasutti said...

Thank you Kass and Juliet.

Larry said...

I'm not a poem guy but I like your style. It's not overly complicated and it paints a picture in my mind. Very nice!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.